The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame (CHRHF) invites the public to participate in the nomination of people and horses who have made a significant contribution to Canadian Standardbred or Thoroughbred horse racing, for induction to the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame in 2021.
Nominations are requested in the following categories:
- PERSON: Trainers, Drivers, Jockeys
- BUILDER: Includes, but not limited to Breeders, Owners, Officials, and others.
- COMMUNICATOR: Includes, but not limited to Writers, Broadcasters, Photographers, Announcers, Bloggers
- VETERAN PERSON & VETERAN HORSE Trainers, Drivers, Jockeys or Horses whose careers have been concluded for at least 21 years, but less than 50 years.
- MALE HORSE: Stallions or geldings whose contribution to Canadian racing occurred in the past 20 years.
- FEMALE HORSE: Mares whose contribution to Canadian racing occurred in the past 20 years.
Complete eligibility criteria may be found at: http://horseracinghalloffame.com/inductees/eligibility/.
All nomination submissions to be made using the form provided on the CHRHF website available here. A copy of the form is also attached, or may be obtained by contacting email@example.com.
It should be noted the Board of Directors of the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame has reduced the number of Inductees to be recognized in 2021 to three per breed, instead of the usual five for Standardbreds and five for Thoroughbreds. This decision was reached as a result of COVID-19 restrictions in 2020 and the CHRHF’s desire to fully recognize the Class of 2020 as similarly as possible to those inducted in previous years. It is hoped that both the ten individuals previously announced as the Class of 2020, as well as the six individuals to be inducted as part of the Class of 2021 will be fully recognized during 2021, with further announcements to be made in the coming months.
All eligible submissions received will be carefully considered by the Nominating Committee of the corresponding breed. Each breed’s Nominating Committee will determine the three categories to be recognized in 2021 before determining, by vote, the top three nominees in each of the three selected categories, to create the ballot of finalists forwarded to the Election Committee for final voting by secret ballot.
For further information, please contact:
Linda Rainey, Managing Director
Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame
P: (416) 417-9404
NOMINATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2021 5:00 pm EST.
The list of finalists selected for consideration by the Election Committee for each breed will be announced Monday, March 29, 2021. The Inductees for the 2021 class of the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame will be announced on Tuesday, April 13, 2021.