TORONTO, ON, July 30
The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame 2018 Induction Gala will take place a little over a week away on August 8th, and details are being finalized for what will be a spectacular evening celebrating the best of Canada’s Standardbred and Thoroughbred horse racing industry. Tickets are selling quickly, the 10 inductees and their representatives are preparing their acceptance speeches, and this year’s live and silent auction promises to include something for everyone!
Live auction items confirmed to date include:
- A 2019 breeding to Betterthancheddar – whose first crop foals, now 2, are seeing strong early success in this year’s OSS action. – Courtesy of Winbak Farms
- A 2019 breeding to Giant Gizmo – courtesy of Adena Springs
- Toronto Raptors VIP box for 8 people. – Courtesy of Brad Grant
- Woodbine, Mohawk Park VIP Suite Experience with dining and live racing for up to 16 guests – courtesy of Woodbine, Mohawk Park.
- $1,000 Vintage Inns Gift Certificate – provided by Equistro
Silent auction items offered include
- Horse Racing related art, including 2 limited edition prints by Richard Stone Reeves, and a framed Somebeachsomewhere print, plus prints by Canadian equine artists Marni Koelln and Michelle Hogan
- Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey tickets (2 offerings)
- Dress circle seats for 4 people at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair Horse Show– courtesy of the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
- Sports Memorabilia and gear including a signed Auston Mathews hockey jersey – courtesy of MLSE, Jonathan Toews Chicago Blackhawks signed jersey – courtesy of Canadian Tire Corp., Robert Alomar autographed baseball – courtesy of Canadian Tire Corp.
- Framed photos and tickets honouring Justify’s 2018 Triple Crown
- A $500 shipping credit from Rick Bodi Transport – courtesy of Rick Bodi Transport
- Dinner packages at Woodbine, Grand River Raceway, and The Raceway at Western Fair.
- Equine products provided by, Greenhawk, Tackmaster, Mad Barn, Omega Alpha, System Fence and others.
- Plus gift baskets for people, horses, pets and much, much more
Auction item donations still being accepted. Contact Stacey at email@example.com for details
Proceeds from the auction support the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame’s ongoing efforts to preserve and celebrate the history of Canadian horse racing.
Held at the Mississauga Convention Centre, co-hosting duties will be shared by CHRHF honoured member and Woodbine Entertainment Group Thoroughbred Racing Analyst Jim Bannon, along with Greg Blanchard, racing commentator and Raceway Manager at the Raceway at Western Fair.
The reception and silent auction will commence at 5:30 p.m., followed by a four course dinner, live auction and induction ceremonies at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $175 per person, or $1,700 for a table sponsorship which includes 8 tickets, a $300.00 donation to the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame.
This year’s inductees highlight Canadian horse racing success stories from across the country and the international racing world.
The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame Class of 2018 includes:
- Ontario-born Thoroughbred breeder, John G. Sikura, operator of one of the most successful breeding farms in Kentucky;
- Bill Andrew, a breeder with ties to Alberta and PEI, who continues to generously give back to the racing industry.
- Dan Loiselle, the track announcer known for his iconic calls of Canadian Triple Crown races
- Ontario based photographer Dave Landry whose work has been recognized in Canada and internationally
- Ontario based, Sovereign Award winning trainer Reade Baker, who has also been a jockey’s agent, operated an international bloodstock service and been a successful breeder.
- The late Jim Doherty, a gentlemanly trainer-driver from New Brunswick with a career spanning six-decades, much of which took place on US tracks
- Blissfull Hall, Quebec-owned winner of North America’s Pacing Triple Crown.
- Chancey Lady, Ontario-sired, BC owned pacing mare who earned over $2-million
- Two horses bred by Adena Springs –Breeder’s Cup winner Judy the Beauty and Queen’s Plate winner Shaman Ghost.
Homage will also be paid to 2018 Legend honourees, Frank McMahon and Hector Clouthier, Sr.
Event tickets may be purchased by visiting the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame Online Store at https://shop.horseracinghalloffame.com/, by contacting Linda Rainey 416-417-9404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame acknowledges the generous sponsorship and valued support for the 2018 Induction Gala by the following sponsors: Platinum Sponsor – OLG, video production sponsor Woodbine, audio visual supplier FMAV plus Reception and Wine sponsor COSA and photography sponsor Omega Alpha.